Tuesday, November 4, 2008

This can't be Cleveland

Blue skies, sun, 70 degrees. This can't be Cleveland.

A very un-Novemberlike day made for a very un-Clevelandesque landscape. It's usually frigid and gray and dead all over by this time each year. In the winter, we can go weeks without seeing the sun. In fact, they say that only Seattle rivals Cleveland when it comes to cloudy days, and winter is especially sunless.

Winter gets to you after a while, and I can sense that weather and its blah skies are just on the doorstep.

How perfect it would have been to follow that sun west today- just keep driving until I hit New Mexico or Arizona, hell maybe even continue on to the San Juaquin Valley or some magical place like that. It's been three years since the last time I wandered West. And I miss the excitement of getting in the car and driving until your legs cramp up.

2 comments:

manda said...

hi. teams are something that you have to be invited to join, usually there is one person who started the team and they send out emails with invites and you just get a certain link or something that lets you write on those blogs. good luck.

Rachel said...

Heyy

I saw you commented on our blog, and I realized you might not check back to see my response. I apologize. It's early.

In any event, that would be great! I started it in the hopes that we could create an online writing community. What's your e-mail so I can add you?

Also, how did you find our blog?